$15.00 to $16.00 hourly
A client of Robert Half in the Healthcare industry is on the lookout for a charismatic and detail-oriented Medical Receptionist. Provide customer service over the phone and in-person in this Medical Receptionist role as the director of first impressions. The ideal candidate for this Medical Receptionist position is a self-starter who finds value working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing support and solutions to patients, healthcare professionals, insurance providers, etc. This long-term contract / temporary to hire employment opportunity is based in the Fort Myers, Florida area.
How you will make an impact
- Sustaining efficiency in the management of patient medical records
- Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
- Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
- Delegating various files and providing general office duties, e.g. data entry, faxing, scanning, etc.
- Attending to patient's paperwork when necessary
- Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizations
- Recording patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
- Replying to inquiries in a detail-oriented and effective manner, while corresponding with phone calls within minimum rings
- High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
- Prior experience with multi-line phone systems preferred
- 1+ year of experience as a Medical Receptionist
- Be able to prioritize workload and perform in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Comprehension of medical terminology and insurance products
- Scheduling experience
- Insurance Verifications experience
- Answering Inbound Calls experience preferred
- Medical terminology experience
- Incoming phone call management skills desired
- For this position you will need experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Receptionist and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Receptionist
for more information.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Insurance Management And Aftercare